Wednesday 11 July 2012

Norwegian Wood- Haruki Murakami

I love to read, I can go months without picking up a book but when I do it has to be a good one! I've recently read a great novel (no it's not Fifty Shades of Grey!) but Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami.

Not only one of my favourite songs but this has fast become one of my favourite books! It's so beautifully written, steeped in nostalgia with just a hint of Japanese cynicism.

I don't want to give a way too much of the plot so I'll just read the blurb on the back of my copy!

"When he hears her favourite Beatles song, Toru Wantabe recalls his first love Naoko, the girlfriend of his best friend Kizuki. Immediately he is transported back almost twenty years to his student days in Tokyo, adrift in a world of uneasy friendships, casual sex, passion, loss and desire- to a time when an impetuous young woman called Midori marches into his life and he has to choose between the future and the past."


His characters are so well written and if you are a Haruki Murakami virgin like I was I reckon you kick start with this book, its so accessible and stimulating! PLEASE pick this book up you won't regret it.

Love Katie X

p.s. I've just discovered this book was made into a film, I know what I'll be watching next! :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment